mardi 26 avril 2016

Why and how did the Z5C made me switch to an iPhone

Hello,
I bought my Z5 Compact in december 2015 to replace my broken Z3C and I quickly realized numberous flaws that I will list here. But first, I'm gonna talk about the good things.
It's a really well build phone. Nothing to say there, it's nearly perfect and way better than the Z3C which was already pretty good (but way too fragile). The design is beautiful, probably one of the nicest in stores.
The camera autofocus is also very good and the depth of field is nice. It must be a very good sensor.
Some apps are really well done, like the launcher, Music, Gallery or TrackID.

Now let's talk about the bad things.

1) The camera. The app is really slow to launch, it's also slow to take a picture, and it's not everytime the same amount of time. Sometimes it takes 2 seconds, sometimes 5 seconds, you can't trust it.
Most of the pictures are very blurry on the sides and it's just not on par with other flagships. It's also very noisy, incredibly bad for something that's supposed to be as good as the Galaxy S6 camera. Even my Moto E takes better pictures sometimes.
Also, after i take 2-3 pictures it makes the phone lag for a few seconds which is really frustrating when you paid $500 for this thing.

2) The performance. Most of the time it's pretty acceptable, but if I compare it with the Z3C it's just not as smooth and responsive. It's faster, but not as smooth.
There are sometimes little lags, little latencies, it's still OK but not as good and I would say it should be way better if I look at the specs.
Sometimes, usually when I opened snapchat or the camera, it lags like hell to the point where it's unusable. And it happens really often, not even always when the phone is hot so this is not a S810 issue.

3) The Marshmallow update. I really liked what they did with the Marshmallow beta on the Z3C so I was really excited to see what they would do on the Z5C. And I was again disappointed. Yeah, it fixed most of the performance issues, but it's still really not that good, and I hate the way they updated some apps.
Why the hell is the notification bar BLACK in the settings, in messages and in some other apps ? It's not Android 4.3 anymore, they really need to improve their UI.

4) The custom rom support. There is only one custom ROM and it still has a lot of issues, it's by far the worst phone I've ever had for that.

5) The battery life. It's not terrible, but it's really not that good, especially compared to the Z3C I expected way better results.

6) The way Sony handles the Z5 series. Marshmallow came so late, when the Z3 already had an incredibly good "beta" version for like 6 months. And now I learn that the Android N beta is available on the Z3 ?? What the hell, we also paid our phones ! I feel like they are giving up on this phone and they just say "f*ck you" to the stupid people who've had the weird idea to buy that thing.
I asked them on twitter and they said "it's for developpers" with a gif of a woman rolling her eyes. Well this is completely stupid, because first, I could be a dev, and second, it's not for devs at all, it's for people who want to try it and give feedback.

So you have my opinion, after all it's not the worst phone ever, most of it is really good but a lot of thing are bothering me.
I'm buying an iPhone SE next week after six years of Android and 16 Android Phones in these 6 years. So this must actually be pretty bad because I never felt the need to switch to iOS with any of the phones I owned, even the Moto E. It's also my use of a phone that's more adapted to iOS right now, but still this phone is one of the main reasons.

I hope my bad english didn't bother you and I hope this was somehow interesting to read.
Thank you


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1SyQD35
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire