lundi 1 août 2016

[Q] wakelocks: how to identify which app is calling a given process?

I am having lots of issues (have had to reset it 3 times over the last 10 days!) with my Sony Z3 running KitKat, but I am posting here as I see this as a generic, non-Sony specific question.
I am rooted and use BetterBatteryStats and Wakelock detector to identify partial wakelocks. I have had to reset the phone 3 times over the last 10 days because of mysterious processes locking the CPU, draining the battery, overheating the phone, and also because the play store stopped working (always stuck at 'download pending').

My question is: I can use these (and other apps) to find the services which are causing wakelocks, battery drain, etc, but is there any way to find which apps invoked the services?

If I find that app X is misbehaving, well, I will try changing the settings of that app, or consider removing it. But if I find the battery drain is caused by, say, google's location service, that's not particularly useful because a number of different apps may have called it. Was it a wether app? A public transport app? Was it just Android going nuts? That piece of information is basically useless because it doesn't tell me which app is the problem.

Thoughts? Any help would be greatly appreciated!


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2amm2bt
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire