vendredi 1 juillet 2016

Verizon Galaxy Tab 10.1 v1 Factory Reset - will it wipe out cellular connection data?

Newbie concern post: I have an older Galaxy Tab 10.1 v1 (SCH-i905) which I use from work - which at this point is mostly just providing my kids a free wifi hotspot in our car. It's been a solid little unit, worked fine, but of late - it has started acting flakey - freezing up, dropping the hotspot randomly, app crashes etc.

Since my only MAIN reason for having it is the hotspot - I'm tempted to factory reset the tablet - but know it wipes out all the data. Since it is a work tablet (which has fallen off the grid and I don't want to draw attention that I still have it) I don't have access to managing the Verizon account the SIM is tied to. So I'm concerned that if I do the factory reset that it will mean I have to do something "official" to re-register the tablet with Verizon or something.

I know from my experience with phones - that I can pop out SIMs from one unlocked phone to another and I don't have to do any phone network setup when it is inserted into the new phone. I'm assuming that the factory reset will work the same way on a tablet - that it will just be reset - and when it reboots it will automatically detect the SIM, and connect to the cellular network on its own with no configuration or anything. BUT I don't know that for sure so wanted to ask.

Appreciate any thoughts!


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/29ghXYY
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire