lundi 4 juillet 2016

First timer trying to port CyanogenMod on new device

Hello,

My device is a Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 830f running stock Lollipop 5.0 at the moment. Bootloader unlocked and permanent TWRP recovery.
I am trying to learn about Android development while building CM13 for this device. I am using the following as my references:
I have the following questions:
* What exactly are we supposed to do with the files in the archive supplied by Lenovo?
* Why did Olivier start porting CM12.1 instead of CM13? Also, why x86 instead of x86_64?
* Is there any agreed-upon device configuration I should be using for this Baytrail tablet? How about this BoardConfig.mk for Minnowboard Max from Intel Android-IA?
The CyanogenMod porting guide is not exactly specific on any particular strategy how to set up the BoardConfig.mk and other files in ./device/. I get it that it's trial and error for the most part, but is there any general guideline I should be following?

I expect this learning experience to take at least a couple of months, so I'll be keeping this thread open for more questions as soon as I have them.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/29qYzJu
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire