jeudi 1 septembre 2016

mtk device freezing help identify the cause

I have a mt6592 device (blackview crown) with the regular 6592 soc it's a cortex-a7 running at 1.66Hz with 16G of storage 2G of RAM and mali-450 graphics running vanilla android 4.4.2.
about a month ago the device began freezing when running 3d games, it got as bad as it froze a few seconds after starting the 3d app.
some times (not always) after a freeze the device enters a boot loop (during this time even sp flash tool does not recognize the device)

my device is still under warranty, the thing is after a few minutes/ half an hour all issues seam to disappear
I took it to the tech people told them the issue, they kept the phone for a month and gave it back said there was nothing wrong with it and they re-flashed the rom.
Can someone help me track down the problem, so I can show it to the service people, I mean a warranty is a warranty but I can't tell them play a game for half an hour the phone will freeze (I did tell them that but I guess their boss doesn't think playing games is part of their job description)?
as this happens only with 3d games I'm thinking it's one of the mali gpu's is there a way to check them, or is there a way I can force the device to log graphic errors?
I have no problems playing HD video no matter the codec vp9 or h264 or h265, I have no issues with any 2d app
my warranty ends in a few weeks and I'd like them to fix or replace the device I just can't prove it's broken :(
ps. sorry for the joke I'm serious this freezing is driving me crazy,


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2bNr7sn
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire