mardi 27 septembre 2016

OEM LCD Touchscreen Digitizer Replacement Problem

I have a second generation Shield Tablet K1 that I purchased in December 2015.* The tablet was knocked off a counter and landed face down on travertine tile. The glass/digitizer did remarkably well considering but still had a large crack going down the middle of the screen. The tablet still worked in all regards* and I used it with no issues for 6 weeks. I purchased an NVIDIA SHIELD TABLET P1761W OEM LCD TOUCHSCREEN DIGITIZER on eBay.

I had the new digitizer installed locally at a phone/tablet repair shop. The shop called me and told me the tablet was ready for pickup but there were some issues with certain areas of touch screen not working. Basically the upper half of the touch screen works fine and the lower half does not work at all. As far as I can tell the area that works is exactly 50% of the screen. Just trying to do the basics on it right now is a pain as I have to rotate the tablet 180 degrees every few seconds in order to be able to touch a specific key or an app. Of course the shop won't warranty the work because I didn't buy the digitizer from them. What I'm wondering is if anyone can suggest a specific ribbon wire that may need to be replaced or simply checked to make sure the connection is good on it? Should I replace the touch screen controller?

Any suggestions will be much appreciated.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2d2kPIG
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire