vendredi 2 septembre 2016

Invalid Boot.img when trying to extract kernal and ramdisk.

A very warm Hi! to the XDA community :)

My phone, the Sony Xperia E4, does not have a recovery - so I am slowly learning how to develop one. It has an MT6582 chip.
In the process I have obtained the stock boot.img (via boot.sin) from the phone's stock .ftf firmaware file.

I wish to use MTK droid tools to create the recovery, however it first gave me the error that the boot.img file is not split. After some research I came to learn that such boot.img files need to be split into the kernal (Zimage i believe) and ramdisk.

After some further research I came across this seemingly helpful guide and tool on how to split the boot.img file on Windows (unfortunately I do not have Linux at my disposal atm).

Now to my issue: (referring to the aforementioned guide & tool) When running the command
Code:

bootimg.exe --unpack-bootimg boot.img
I get this error:

Code:

AssertionError: invald bootimg
Which leads me to believe the boot.img file I have extracted may be corrupt or extracted from the wrong .sin file.

If you are still with me, how can i confirm that the boot.img file from the stock rom is indeed "working" and contains ramdisk and kernal?

Some extra information:
This is the guide I used to initially extract the boot.img file from my phones stock firmware. They highlight that boot.img is extracted from the kernal.sin file. My firmware has no such file. Later in the comments it mentions that newer Sony phones have the boot.img file in the appropriately named "boot.sin" file. This is the file i used to extract my boot.img. Thus from here I cannot see why the boot.img file cannot be split.

The full command line and response is:
Code:

C:\Users\\Downloads\Cofface>bootimg.exe --unpack-bootimg boot.img
arguments: [bootimg file]
bootimg file: boot.img
output: kernel[.gz] ramdisk[.gz] second[.gz]
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 2213, in <module>
  File "<string>", line 1424, in unpack_bootimg
  File "<string>", line 151, in parse_bootimg
AssertionError: invald bootimg

Thanks very much in advance! :)


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2bWQngv
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire