mardi 28 juin 2016

Unlocked HTC 10 issues with T-Mobile

I've just done a bit of traveling with my carrier unlocked HTC 10 on T-Mobile's network, and I've encountered quite a lot of reception issues with this device. I'm not sure what the issue is, but am curious about others experiences road tripping with this device.

Previously I've only used the phone in my home area (Chicago). The device has performed flawlessly there. This past week, however, I road tripped to Maine and back and had a lot of problems with coverage. I'm fairly new to T-Mobile, so I would normally write it off as their network, but my wife's iPhone 6s performed great in these areas, as did my Moto X Pure Edition.

Here are some of the issues I experienced:
  • In rural Maine, while the phone was roaming on AT&T, many incoming calls and texts would not come through at all. This behavior was intermittent, despite having 3+ bars of AT&T signal.
  • While the phone was roaming on AT&T, many outgoing texts would fail to send. Rebooting the phone was often the only way to get them to go through. Again, this was with strong AT&T signal.
  • Moving between AT&T and T-Mobile coverage areas in rural Maine, the phone would fail to reconnect to T-Mobile service on its own. In order to make this work, I would either have to reboot the phone, toggle airplane mode, manually select T-Mobile under Mobile network settings -> GSM/UMTS Options -> Network operators or, if those all failed, run the LTE Discovery app. I'm not sure why that would make the phone reconnect to T-Mobile service, but it seemed to do so consistently.
  • The phone would lose signal completly in areas where our iPhone 6s and Moto X Pure Edition had LTE signal
  • The phone would lose LTE signal and move to 2G/EDGE or no mobile data at all in areas where our iPhone 6s and Moto X had LTE signal

I've seen similar issues discussed over in http://ift.tt/2984xig, but it seems I'm experiencing more than just weak LTE signal.

Has anybody else experienced anything similar? Or am I having some sort of hardware issue? It seems crazy to me that this device would perform so poorly compared to the iPhone 6s and Moto X Pure Edition, both of which are also carrier unlocked. HTC told me I should try a new SIM, otherwise there might be a hardware issue, but I'm wondering if this is more widespread than just my device.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/290ZEUe
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire