samedi 26 mars 2016

L720 Upgrading Modem and Android to Unlock Features

Current device:
L720, rooted android 4.2.2, baseband MF9, kernel kt-sgs4-08-09-2013, rom Negalite-WondeROM-r52.

What's up guys, I am just looking to upgrade to a newer android version and newer rom. When I've tried to update, I either usually lose data coverage or lose the ability to use the dialer. So my question is what kernel, modem, and rom version do I need to install to have access to the following features? -

Mostly, I just want to have my hotspot toggle on the pulldown menu (SQL editing hasn't worked for me), obviously native hotspot enabled, sound boosting mod, and to use emojis without installing an app that logs every key entry. I would also like to stay away from KNOX (even though I still don't fully understand what it does to the phones after being tripped?)
Do I need to unroot, let the updates come through OTA, then re-root and find a new rom for the android version?
Or do I do something like flash each android version by version until I'm all updated?

I've rooted and customized multiple phones with the help of xda, this is just the first time I haven't been able to solve my problem after many many tries at flashing. I am good with recovery, flashing, and odin, but I still don't totally understand differences in kernels, modems, and basebands.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/22E84JB
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire