lundi 28 mars 2016

Constant vibrator repeat when connected to charger - not charging though

My son has an SM N910F note 4. Completely stock. It suddenly stopped charging after a long international flight and now when connected to the charger the battery charging image appears, but then after a brief pause disappears, and the vibrator motor vibrates continuously at 1 sec intervals after that. The phone boots into stock rom OK and also into recovery and fastboot mode.

I have tried different cables (several), 4 different chargers , cleaned the connector on the phone (and cable connectors) with air and alcohol. Contacts seem to be OK on visual inspection. Cables and chargers work fine on other devices including a stock rooted Galaxy S4. Also, purchased a new battery but it did not change any of the above symptoms. When I tried to access the Note 4 from my Linux PC, MTP showed nothing and adb devices and fastboot devices saw nothing lsusb didn't see anything either. Different cables didn't alter this.

One odd thing is that when I boot into recovery I do not see the recovery menu but it immediately reports that it is installing an update and after a minute stops with the "failed to find command " error message. We are unaware of any recent uninstalled OTA updates though. Then the recovery menu reappears.

Can someone suggest for me what might account for these symptoms. I have no idea, but when the device was not visible in my Linux machine I began to suspect a faulty USB/charging port. Trouble is we are running out of battery charge to test anything now and no way of recharging:(


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/21QvmX1
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire