vendredi 29 juillet 2016

Rooting D855/ Unlocking bootloader, without kingroot

Hi all, I'm new to android rooting, and have been consuming knowledge over the last few days like a large sponge.

I discovered that McAfee had set itself if with admin rights on my phone, and had been sending texts to international numbers without alerting me, took me a good while to find out where the extra charges from my carrier were coming from. Anyway, I cant delete it as its in the ROM, so i rooted the phone (on lollipop) and deleted it, along with some other bloatware that LG and my carrier decided I would want, and then updated the phone to marshmallow (I didn't actually realise marshmallow had been released, I don't keep in the android loop, and my phone always said the latest OS was installed - had to update it through LGs PC suite).

To my abject horror McAfee was back, I can only assume this was due to the update to marshmallow, and not because it somehow survived deletion somewhere on the phone. So now, i need to root the phone, and delete McAfee again, however I really dont want to use Kingroot to do it. Its very shifty, looking at various info on the web, what with it sending information to IPs in China and running services in the background. The other alternative, using Supersu's systemless root, requires the bootloader to be unlocked, but to unlock the bootloader, a root is required (please correct me if any of this information is incorrect, I am pretty new to the android side of things - ive only ever jailbroken iDevices before now). I think im right in saying I could unlock the boot loader if I could access fastboot, but the command 'adb reboot-bootloader' only reboots the phone, rather than booting into the bootloader.

Is there anything I can do to get around this ? Once its rooted and the bloatware deleted, Ill unroot it (I use banking apps and they wont run if the phone is rooted) so I dont want to flash any custom ROMS or anything - just get access to files on the root.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2afvZYf
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire